About The Role
Safe Software is seeking a Web Developer to join our Digital Marketing team to bring content and designs to life on Safe.com!
Together we build FME, the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data. Our mission is to allow our users' data to flow freely, so that they can use it to do incredible things. We have thousands of customers in over 100 countries around the globe - and we're growing – all from our amazing new Surrey, BC headquarters! Our customers love us equally for our amazing product, our fun-loving culture, and our superb service. We love working here, and we believe you will too!
About The Team
The Digital Marketing team has the important responsibility for ensuring our Safe.com website makes a good impression on our customers and ultimately generates new business to drive the company forward. You’ll join a cross-functional team of web developers, a UX/UI designer, and content creators. While the role has a primary focus on front-end activities, you’ll also get the opportunity to participate in back-end projects. Our team values collaboration and open feedback and we look forward to adding your voice and experience to the mix.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Web Developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build new page and web features – You’ll work on the front-end with our style guide to implement new pages and perform updates to existing ones. You’ll also create pages and sub-sites and pages for large-scale customer events, such as the FME World Tour, Safe Software Partner Summit, and FME User Conference.
- Contribute to back-end development efforts – We use Laravel as our PHP framework, and WordPress for parts of our content system. You’ll help us integrate Laravel and WordPress to further automate our content-to-implementation workflow process. By doing so you’ll contribute to creating an efficient process that translates into a consistent experience for our customers and frees up time to add new features.
- Optimize the website – We want our website to be screaming fast. That means you’ll develop with best practices in mind and also help run tests and implement updates to improve user experience.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 2+ years of professional experience in web development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience using modern best practices to write responsive HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with version control software, like Git.
- Familiarity/ proficiency in PHP (experience with Laravel is a bonus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have a keen eye for design and detail to ensure that your code is succinct and readable for your future self and other developers.
- You are a team player and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues of varying disciplines and backgrounds..
- You are a self-starter who is able to exercise mature judgment and initiative to deliver the best possible experience for our web audience.
- Experience with Laravel.
- Experience using the Foundation frontend framework.
- Experience working with databases for front-end pages/tools.
- Appreciation of good visual design to support content, usability, and brand.
- Familiarity with any of Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, and/or WordPress.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.