About The Role
The Digital Marketing team has the important responsibility for ensuring our Safe.com website makes a good impression on our customers and ultimately generates new business to drive the company forward. You’ll join a cross-functional team of web developers and a UX/UI designer. While the role has a primary focus on front-end activities, you’ll also get the opportunity to participate in back-end projects. Our team values collaboration and open feedback and we look forward to adding your voice and experience to the mix.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Web Developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build new pages and web features – You’ll work on the front-end with our design system to implement new pages and perform updates to existing ones. You’ll also create pages and sub-sites for large-scale customer events, such as the FME World Tour, Safe Software Partner Summit, and FME User Conference.
- Contribute to back-end development efforts – We use Laravel as our PHP framework, and WordPress as a headless CMS for much of our content. You’ll help us integrate Laravel and the CMS to refine our content-to-implementation workflow. In doing so, you’ll contribute to creating an efficient process that provides a consistent experience for our customers and frees up developer time to add new features.
- Optimize the website – We want our website to be screaming fast. That means you’ll develop with best practices in mind and also help run tests and implement updates to improve the user experience.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 2+ years of professional experience in web development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience using modern best practices to write responsive HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with Git or comparable version control software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You have a keen eye for design and detail to ensure that your code is succinct and readable for your future self and other developers.
- You are a team player and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues of varying disciplines and backgrounds.
- You are a self-starter who is able to exercise mature judgment and initiative to deliver the best possible experience for our web audience.
- Familiarity/proficiency in PHP (experience with Laravel would be great!).
- Experience working with databases for front-end pages/tools.
- Grasp of good visual/interface design to support content, usability, and brand.
- Familiarity with any of Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, and/or WordPress.
Base Salary: $79K - $88K per year
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.