About The Role
Are you a creative storyteller who is passionate about bringing ideas to life? Safe Software is looking for a Video Editor to join the Product Marketing team.
You will have the opportunity to create professional-quality videos using in-house resources, ensuring that videos are in-brand and follow the latest trends in marketing and design. You will be involved in the complete cycle of production, which includes gathering information on the needs of the content, creating scripts and organizing logistics, implementing film industry techniques in the recording process, and of course, editing video content.
By creating engaging videos, you will help our customers understand the endless possibilities of what they can achieve with our software, FME. Our product specializes in mapping and 3D data, so our examples are easy to make visually interesting. You will deliver inspired product overview videos, how-tos, Myth-Busters-meets-Bill-Nye-the-Science-Guy explainers, stop-motion explainers, and other video content in a way that captures viewers’ attention.
At events like our International FME User Conference coming in June 2020, you’ll create the vision for our video booth that results in a playlist of customer videos you edit to showcase what’s possible with our platform. Throughout it all you’ll have creative freedom, and support other teams at Safe to ensure high quality and in-brand content like demos.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 3+ years experience in video editing, camera operation, audio editing, and conceptualization
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and/or Photoshop)
- Familiarity with DSLR camera equipment and sound recording equipment
- Talent in the art of storytelling, demonstrating creative thinking and problem-solving
- High productivity, with the ability to produce & publish videos in a tight turnaround
- Strong analytical skills to understand full project scope, lifecycle, and business value
- Ability to share ideas and take creative projects from ideation to the final stage
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Openness to feedback and direction
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and ensure project delivery
- Interest in high tech concepts, such as IT, GIS, data integration, cloud-based tools, and related technologies
- Experience with YouTube publishing strategy
- Skill in directing individuals who don’t have an acting background
- Strong on-camera personality
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.