About The Role
Safe Software is looking for an experienced and talented UX Designer who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As a UX Designer, you will drive the creation of an intuitive and delightful user experience across the FME product portfolio. Reporting to the Founders of Safe, you will be a pioneer in helping Safe define and drive a UX design process to be used as a blueprint across the many Development teams within our organization. You’ll play an integral role in making the Safe team and our development processes more user-centric, consistent, and design-driven!
What You'll Be Doing
As a UX Designer, you will work collaboratively with a variety of teams at Safe, including Development, Product Management, and Digital Marketing, and will have the opportunity to:
- Develop new, and enhance the existing interface design guidelines, standards and best practices to improve Safe’s development process to make it more user-centric to deliver on business objectives.
- Iteratively design and test user interfaces and interactions to make sure features are useful, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- Create UX artifacts, such as wireframes and prototypes (low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockups), interaction models, and journey maps.
- Partner with product management and development stakeholders to ensure the delivery of optimal customer experiences.
- Communicate design rationale to help educate and inform stakeholders on the value of user-focused design.
- Conduct usability studies and perform user research to identify opportunities to improve our product.
- Discuss and make strategic design and user experience decisions, participate in internal reviews, and coach teammates and peers on design practices.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- A degree or certification in UX, interaction design, graphic design, or a related field; or previous experience creating UX design processes.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Advanced skills in interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation and user research, including the creation of low and high-fidelity mockups, wireframes, prototypes, journey maps, etc.
- Experience with UX design, wireframing, and prototyping tools, such as Adobe Suite, Balsamiq, UXPin, and/or Figma.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - you are able to communicate complex concepts to internal stakeholders, such as Development, Product Management, Marketing, with clear and concise language.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter and are able to work independently with minimal management supervision, set schedules, and manage deadlines to deliver on assigned projects.
- You are positive and possess a highly collaborative mindset that allows you to build trust and accountability with your peers.
- You are a curious thinker with a natural inclination towards exploring new ideas while also being open to embrace change.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment (Kanban or Scrum) is an asset.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.