About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a talented, fun-loving Technology Expert who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! You’ll join the FME Server Technical Experts team within our Customer Success department and start helping customers right away.
The world is swamped with data, and organizations are feeling the pain. Our FME products reduce the friction and allow for our thousands of (very happy) customers to painlessly move data from anywhere to everywhere. Whatever the type of data – be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more – FME is up for the task.
FME Server is an enterprise ETL tool, extending on the capabilities of FME Desktop. When supporting these products there’s always something new to learn and interesting challenges to tackle.
About The Team
The Customer Success team is composed of a large group of passionate Technology Experts who provide technical support, customer education, and knowledge creation. The team works directly with our growing customer base to unlock all possibilities they can achieve with their data and FME.
As a member of this highly collaborative group, we’re looking for an individual who is all about the team, is passionate about our product, and is keen to dive into new and exciting technologies.
- Customer service skills. Nobody returns to a restaurant with horrible service, even if the food’s delicious. That’s why we follow the “restaurant model”, eager to provide top-notch service and support alongside an amazingly powerful product. As an FME Technology Expert, you will be the first person someone talks to when they have a problem. You’ll be able to empathize with the customer, walk them through troubleshooting steps and resolve their issue in a timely and friendly manner.
- Great communicators. As an FME Technology Expert, you will be talking to people all day. Whether that’s assisting customers or chatting with co-workers, we want to make sure everyone has a positive experience. Building relationships is at the heart of what we do. You will have good interpersonal skills, and can clearly communicate technical information with customers and colleagues.
- Interest in technology and data. FME supports over 400 different data formats, which means there’s a wide range of formats and software that we need to learn about. We're always keeping up with the latest technology, from indoor mapping to Docker and Kubernetes.
Currently, our entire team is working remotely from home. If successfully hired, you will be onboarded remotely from your home office through a virtual orientation with Human Resources and the Customer Success team.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Technical Expert supporting our FME Server enterprise product, you will:
- Provide technical support through live chat, email, and our Q&A forum.
- Support the Sales team by providing software demonstrations and building proof of concepts for new and existing customers.
- Share technical product knowledge with customers through training, Knowledge Base articles, presentations, and webinars.
- Collaborate with other teams within Safe, sharing your expertise in initiatives such as testing new product features and assisting with marketing campaigns to promote them.
- Investigate and explore different configurations and technologies to assist customers, colleagues, and developers.
- Keep up to date with product developments by attending Feature Demos and testing the latest versions of FME.
- Identify issues within FME and advocate for new and improved functionality that will help our customers.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- You will have prior experience in a customer service role, technical support or consultancy.
- You are able to work well in a team, but are also able to self-motivate and work as an individual.
- You have good interpersonal skills and can clearly communicate technical information with customers and colleagues.
- You are keen to learn more about FME and FME Server.
- You have experience or exposure to installing, architecting, and configuring enterprise products.
- You have knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems, including system administration, networking, and configuration.
- Experience using FME Desktop or FME Server.
- Ability to speak a second language is an added benefit.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience with databases, such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Use or creation of APIs.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with some new hire swag. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?