About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a passionate, fun-loving Technical Support Specialist who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! You’ll join the Cloud Technical Support team and start helping customers right away.
The world is swamped with data, and organizations are feeling the pain. The FME Platform reduces the friction and allows for our thousands of (very happy) customers to painlessly move data from anywhere to everywhere.
About The Team
The Customer Success team is a group of passionate Safers who aim to provide exceptional customer service. We strive to empower our customers with tools and resources that help unleash the power of their data with FME!
We are seeing an increasing number of customers migrate their applications (FME included) to the cloud and adopt containers. Customers might choose to launch FME Server using Docker or Kubernetes, migrate an on-premises FME Server to cloud infrastructure, or take advantage of FME Cloud - Safe Software’s hosted version of FME Server. Our team aims to provide the best support and resources to allow our users to maximise FME’s capabilities and potential in these environments.
In addition to supporting users with their cloud-based FME deployments, the Cloud Technical Support Specialists regularly support users with their cloud data integration workflows with FME – this could be interacting with a variety of cloud services such as Azure Storage, AWS Athena, Google BigQuery and many more!
What You'll Be Doing
As a Technical Support Specialist for cloud, you will:
- Provide Technical Support through live chat, email and the FME Community. You will be on-call during office hours for FME Cloud, responsible for investigating instance alerts and notifying customers if there’s any action to be taken.
- Advise customers on the best solution for deploying FME Server into the cloud or with containers, understanding the benefits and limitations of both.
- Assist customers with integrations between FME and cloud services. This could be connecting to cloud storage, databases, data warehouses, IoT, etc in either AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Understand container and cloud technologies (and how they integrate with FME) and share this with our customers through Knowledge Base articles, blogs and webinars.
- Influence product development by reporting bugs, passing on feedback from customers and suggesting improvements through your exposure and experimentation with different FME Server installations and scenarios.
- Make the team's job easier by building and sharing infrastructure-as-code templates (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation, ARM). The faster we can replicate customer environments the faster we can support them, leading to a better experience for everyone.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- You demonstrate curiosity, empathy and passion in your work and interactions with customers and colleagues
- You have experience working on a technical support team
- You have experience with both Windows and Linux (command line)
- You have experience working with JSON, YAML, XML
- You have experience with AWS and/or Azure, preferably with compute services
- You have a willingness to learn new technologies
- You are a great communicator, proactive and team-focused
- You have the ability to troubleshoot and research independently, but also know when to bring in the team
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with Safe Software’s FME Platform
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes, deploying and troubleshooting containers
- Experience writing or deploying infrastructure as code templates (CloudFormation, ARM templates, Terraform)
- Cloud Certifications, eg Azure Fundamentals or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or higher
- Experience installing, architecting, and configuring enterprise products
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
Base Salary: $61K - $70K per year
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.