About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a fun-loving, talented Software Developer who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! The Software Developer on the Cloud team is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining web applications and back-end services for new features on FME Cloud, FME Hub, Safe Accounts and FME Server.
About The Team
The Cloud team is a growing team that owns all public facing cloud applications at Safe, which includes FME Cloud, FME Hub and Safe Accounts. We specialize in cloud native application development, architecting apps for the cloud, and deployment automation. The team also contributes to the development of the FME Server product with a focus on stream processing and IoT integration.
As a team, we strive to maintain the highest standards by using the latest development frameworks, leveraging the latest technologies, and managing our own deployment and development process.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Software Developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the development of new functionalities by designing and developing single page applications, server-side services, and APIs.
- Participate in every aspect of the development cycle, including refining specifications with the product owner, developing clean and maintainable code, writing unit tests, doing code reviews and maintaining and improving existing code.
- Collaborate, support and share expertise with other team members.
- Work closely with the product owner and design team to deliver a high quality and consistent user experience.
- Maintain and continuously improve the building and delivery of our web applications to reduce initial page load time and improve performance and responsiveness.
- Investigate, evaluate the impact and resolve anomalies and bugs in live applications.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a related role.
- Strong understanding of data structures, object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Understanding of engineering for the web: client/server architecture, REST, SQL, and modern best practices.
- Experience working with single-page applications and building RESTful services.
- Shows interest in web design and best practices for user experience and accessibility.
- Experience in writing automated tests (unit, integration) and strive to always do so.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Strong willingness to learn and the ability to adapt well to change.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others, share ideas, and exchange meaningful feedback with colleagues.
- Experience with Java and/or Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Angular
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.