About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a fun-loving, talented Service Enablement Engineer who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As a Service Enablement Engineer, you will play an integral role in building software that will help Safe maximize the value of our internal data sources, improve business and development workflows through automation, and facilitate communication between Development and customer-facing teams.
About The Team
The Service Enablement team is a close-knit group comprised of one other full time Service Enablement Engineer, our Director of Information Services and (often) a co-op student intern.
Our team primarily focuses on information architecture that facilitates effective communication between development and customer-facing teams at Safe, interfacing cross-division to ensure smooth and well communicated delivery. This team also manages the release process for FME products. Some of the exciting tools that we work with on a day-to-day basis are the AWS ecosystem, Jenkins, and Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence, OpsGenie and Service Desk).
What You'll Be Doing
As a Service Enablement Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate on solution architecture for new project delivery (including closer integration of key business systems such as Salesforce and Jira, and providing a clearer window on new feature content for our users)
- Conduct statistical analysis and present your findings to teams across Safe to improve overall Business Intelligence and data analysis utilization - we are awash with useful data across Safe that we want to identify and find valuable uses for to drive informed decision making!
- Maintain and support existing internal service offerings, such as Jira and Confluence. You will help champion the use of these tools internally to ensure our team is able to maximize on their workflow efficiencies.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are seeking strong communicators with a passion and skill with technology. As a Service Enablement Engineer, you will have the following skills and traits:
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as Git
- Experience with a public-cloud platform (AWS)
- Familiarity with API development (REST / GraphQL)
- Atlassian administration experience (Jira, Confluence)
- Web development skills (React, Node.js, PHP)
- Familiarity with container-based deployment (Docker, Rancher)
- Familiarity with compliance tools such as Black Duck
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you are comfortable in discussions and collaboration with teams that may extend beyond the Service Enablement team.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- A self-starter – you have a strong desire to take your career into your own hands and learn new tools and technologies to be the most effective in your role.
- A visionary - you are able to focus on the big picture and can create order and value from data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics is preferred but not required.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.