About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Senior Web Developer - Lead who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As the Senior Web Developer - Lead you will join the Web Development Team through the modernization of our safe.com website, while ensuring long term reliability of the site.
About The Team
The Web Development team has the important responsibility for ensuring our Safe.com website makes a good impression on our customers and ultimately generates new business to drive the company forward. You’ll join a cross-functional team of web developers, a UX/UI designer, and content creators. The team’s goal is to create a great looking, fast performing, and engaging website for all incoming users of safe.com websites. Our team values collaboration and open feedback and we look forward to adding your voice and experience to the mix.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Senior Web Developer - Lead, you will have the opportunity to:
- Drive the migration of a medium - large marketing website into a modernized tech stack. You will get the chance to work with new technologies and implement your vision for the future of safe.com
- Identify enhancements to safe.com sites and the team workflow to foster continuous improvement. You’ll maintain proper coding standards when pushing code to production while also providing developers with constructive feedback on their code reviews.
- Maintain and monitor the team’s backlog of issues, and assign appropriately. You will ensure the team is pulling the right type and amount of work at the right time.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 5+ years experience as a Web Developer with 2+ years in a senior capacity.
- Experience with Object oriented Programming in PHP (with Laravel or equivalent backend framework)
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with securing public websites, including mitigating common web application vulnerabilities, familiarity with modern encryption and authentication implementations, and knowledge of secure software development hygiene.
- Experience with MySQL
- You have strong organization, communication, and planning skills.
- You are able to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with various stakeholders.
- You are resourceful, take initiative, and are comfortable working with ambiguity. You can pivot or shift priorities when needed.
- You are collaborative, have good relationship building skills, and thrive on teamwork.
- Experience with eCommerce implementations (we use Braintree)
- Experience with internationalization and maintaining a multilingual website
- Experience with decoupling the front and backends of a website for better performance
- Understanding of the UI/UX processes to get designs from inception to mockups to code
- Experience with and knowledge of digital marketing (Data Analytics and SEO)
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.