About The Role
Support the evolution of Safe Software’s FME Platform: the world’s best solution for spatial data integration. Thousands of customers, from CN Rail to Pelmorex Corp (The Weather Network) trust the FME Platform to power their mission-critical workflows. We love to solve the world’s toughest data integration challenges, and have been doing so for over 25 years!
As the Product Manager for our Python Connectors, you will be responsible for owning the prioritization, communication, and strategic alignment of new formats and features that connect the FME Desktop product to external cloud services and APIs. You’ll be staying on top of industry trends, understanding and advocating for evolving customer workflows, defining and shaping work for the development team, and guiding the triage of incoming requests and issues. You are the glue between development (execution) and our business, marketing and success teams (strategy and advocacy). You are passionate about empowering customers to leverage APIs in FME’s low-code interface.
About The Team
Safe’s Product Management group is a growing team focused on delivering the highest value to the markets we serve. As a continuously evolving discipline at Safe, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of our product management processes. We believe there is always room to improve and are looking for fresh ideas! We value having an open mind, listening to understand, and being curious to explore difficult problems (it’s what Safe does best!).
What You'll Be Doing
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join a growing product management practice and help scale and evangelize the product practice at Safe, bringing in your own ideas to help us mature.
- Own the end-to-end strategic plan of meeting the growing needs for the FME platform to support cloud- and API-based data connections and interactions.
- Conduct user research and collaborate with our Sales and Experts team to represent the voice of the customer.
- Craft meaningful product requirements with clear objectives.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technologies and reflect this in your strategic decision-making.
- Work directly with a development team to bring new features to market.
- Utilize your exemplary communication skills to bridge Development, Product Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales.
- Participate, iterate and support Safe’s Kanban practices.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for people who have an enthusiasm for product management and skills in facilitation. Your application will grab our attention if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in Product Management.
- Comfort with ambiguity but a passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills tied to strong customer empathy.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with various stakeholders to build consensus across various departments.
- An open mind focused on creative, simple, and robust software solutions.
- Working knowledge of Agile concepts (Kanban and/or Scrum).
- Product development or technical background, either as an engineer or in a previous technical role.
- Familiarity with data integration tools and/or the FME Platform.
- Previous experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial data.
- A background in business administration or business analysis.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.