About The Role
Safe Software is currently looking for an Information Security Analyst, to join our Operations Team. In this role, you will support the formation and execution of the data governance and security framework, policies, procedures and standards. You will facilitate compliance initiatives with respect to the definition, standardization, quality, integrity, access, privacy and security of data. As well, you will formalize compliance initiatives related to organizational security and investigate, initiate, and manage third party security certifications.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will be required to work closely with IT and Legal department heads and to participate as a key stakeholder on various teams tasked with the evolution and continuous improvement of our business processes.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define, implement and maintain corporate security and data governance policies.
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments for all organizational facilities and teams.
- Recommend, develop, document and maintain standards and procedures that ensure data integrity, privacy, quality and security.
- Recommend, develop, document and maintain standards and procedures that are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements that cover internal and external parties, physical security systems, internet and computer systems.
- Monitor and respond to regulatory developments and industry best practices in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage security breach protocols and investigation procedures.
- Communicate data governance and organizational security information and policies to the organization, ensuring awareness and understanding.
- Act as a subject matter expert in data governance and organizational security topics and issues.
- Develop and refine appropriate reports (internal and external-facing) which demonstrate program activities and results.
- Develop and coordinate security plans with outside vendors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or other technology field or equivalent work experience.
- CISSP, CISM, or other security certification is desirable.
- Experience working on information management, data governance and/or electronic records in a business operational environment.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data governance and security issues in a logical manner and be able to summarize findings to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to facilitate discussions which clearly define an opportunity, recommend creative solutions and implement changes in a dynamic team environment.
- Must be a committed, enthusiastic team player with a focus on continuous performance improvement.
- You are a curious and creative thinker who is deeply interested in the latest security developments and tools.
- Must have the ability to work constructively with individuals across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively write reports, standards, and policies.
- Knowledge of CASL, PIPEDA, GDPR and other data privacy laws is an asset.
- Experience with cloud-based services and infrastructure is an asset.
- Experience with ISO 27001 is preferred.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.