About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Front End Web Developer who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As a Front End Web Developer on our FME Server Team, you will work on designing and developing highly interactive and powerful user interfaces utilizing cutting edge Web technologies.
About The Team
The FME Server team consists of both front-end and back-end developers, a UI/UX designer, a product owner, quality analysts and co-op student interns that collaborate on a wide variety of exciting and innovative projects. The team works in an Agile environment and works closely together to find the best possible solutions to challenging problems.
What You'll Be Doing
The FME Server team is responsible for enhancing, maintaining, and supporting the FME Server product.
As a Front End Web Developer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain features of the User Interface for FME Server.
- Analyze requirements, design and develop innovative software solutions.
- Modify FME Server to add new functions, improve performance and enhance product usability.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Present new features to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other teams including QA, Product Management, Design, and Development.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ideally 3 years of experience in Angular Framework.
- Experience in Responsive Design would be an asset.
- Strong willingness to learn, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment and dynamic environment – you are not afraid of fast-paced change!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player – you are able to work independently as well as in a team.
- A self-starter – you are able to set schedules, manage deadlines and risks to deliver on assigned projects.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- A passion for great user experience and beautiful designs.
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps.
- Experience with frameworks like React/Vue.
- Experience with Security concerns.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.