About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to join the Digital Marketing team at our new headquarters in Surrey, BC.
At Safe, we’re on a mission to help the world gain more value from its data. We do that by building data integration software that lets data freely flow to all who need it. Over 10,000 organizations in 128 countries already rely on our software, and we want your help to increase our rapid growth! Join our team and work for a top-reviewed employer that cares about what it does, the community that it’s a part of, and the ‘Safers’ that contribute to its success.
About the Team:
The Digital Marketing team has the important responsibility of ensuring our automated emails and website make a good impression on our customers and ultimately generates new business to drive the company forward. You’ll join a cross-functional team consisting of content creators, web developers, and a UX/UI designer. You’ll also work with other sales and marketing professionals across the company to improve our lead generation and lead development process. Our team values collaboration and open feedback and we look forward to adding your voice and experience to the mix.
What You'll Be Doing
- Identify opportunities for updating or creating new lead nurturing campaigns. You’ll then work with our Marketing Ops and Sales teams to design automated email campaigns in a way that engages leads and moves them further along the funnel. In addition to lead-focused campaigns, you’ll also build campaigns for existing customers focusing on helping them find new uses for our products and making them aware of our other products and enterprise pricing models.
- Write emails for new (and existing) lead nurturing campaigns. You'll be writing emails that are enjoyable to read and successful at communicating what’s important, both in the context of each specific email and the campaign overall. Where possible, you’ll incorporate targeted content to make the emails more relevant and helpful to the end-user.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Ops and Sales teams. You'll work alongside these groups to refine our lead scoring model so that it becomes a more integral part of our lead development process.
- Research advertising opportunities and create compelling ad campaigns on pay-per-click platforms like Google Ads, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. You take care to ensure that your ads are displayed to the correct people, investing time to carefully construct your audiences and doing things like applying negative keywords and using ad extensions.
- Create content for web pages on safe.com. As time allows, you'll help create new content for the pages on our website. These pages may be landing pages for your nurture campaigns and/or ad campaigns. Or they might be high-level pages on our website (don’t worry, nothing that gets into the technical areas of our product platform).
- Measure your success. You don’t believe in “set it and forget it” but are always looking for ways to tweak and improve whatever you do, using data and testing to achieve even better results.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Experience using a marketing automation system like Pardot (preferable), Marketo, Eloqua, etc.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal).
- Experience with a CRM like Salesforce is an asset.
- Knowledge about privacy legislation like GDPR and CASL.
- Previous experience working in the high-tech industry is a bonus.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.