About The Role
Safe Software (“Safe”) is looking for an energetic relationship-builder to join our team as a Channel Account Manager (CAM). In this role, you will be maintaining, supporting, and growing Safe’s partner channel (Authorized and Associate Partner levels) in your assigned territory. We are looking for someone that is eager to learn, grow, and build relationships to enrich our partner network and enhance our partners experience. This is a hybrid role, getting hands-on with Sales, Marketing, and Operational aspects of our business.
About the Team
The Channel team is part of the Customer Experience, Sales, and Marketing group. We are a highly interactive team working towards our goal of building out a partner ecosystem, and ensuring that partners are performing and continually driving business growth. Team members communicate openly with each other, sharing thoughts, keeping track of progress and working together efficiently. Our team diversity ensures a variety of different perspectives are at play, in an effort to find creative solutions to partner issues.
What You'll Be Doing
The CAM will be responsible for helping Safe achieve and improve its organization’s sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. You will become the partner management expert and:
- Support partners in building, managing and executing business plans for their business to support growth in territory. This includes regularly planning calls to discuss pipeline, identifying leads and opportunities, marketing initiatives, and go-to-market strategies, organizing special partner events, such as training and webinars.
- Establish open communication channels as the primary contact with partners and Safe internal staff, engaging technical, sales and marketing resources, facilitating discussions around strategic customers.
- Recruit based on a specific type of partner, a industry, a technology and a geographical region. Make sure to start a partner journey right and create a long-lasting and successful relationship with them. Support partner onboarding and maturity from New to Associate to Authorized to Tiered Partner levels. (Read more about our Partner Programs here.) Establish a thriving partner ecosystem to grow the business sustainably.
- Coach partners and guide them to leverage the partner program and increase partners’ knowledge and capacity to support their customers.
- Travel as required for special events or partner meetings.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for a CAM with passion for Channel Sales, Channel Marketing, and Business Development. Your application will also grab our attention if you possess the following:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in industry (preferably Software or High Tech). International business experience is a plus.
- You are a resourceful, self-motivated, and highly organized professional who is able to prioritize and complete activities on time with minimal supervision.
- Customer-focused - You have a strong desire to provide outstanding service and to understand the needs of our partners and customers.
- You have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of implementing and selling software solutions from the customer perspective (customer buyer journey).
- You have excellent communication skills and an exceptional command of the English language, both written and spoken, to engage with our partners and customers (including those whose primary language may not be English). The ability to speak a second language is desired, but not required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask to manage communications with our international partners across various devices, sources and time zones (primarily email and telephone).
- You are a team player who is flexible and able to adapt to Safe’s continuous growth and change within the organization as required.
- You are a quick learner and are open to adopting new technologies to get the job done. Familiarity with MS Office, Gmail, Google Drive, Salesforce, Slack and Trello.
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is an asset.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.