About The Role
Safe Software (“Safe”) is looking for an action-oriented, results driven Channel Account Manager (CAM) with previous experience in Channel Sales, Channel Marketing and/or Business Development to join our Channel Sales team and support our Partners. The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain, support, and grow Safe’s partner channel (Authorized and Associate Partner levels) in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. This is a hybrid role requiring Sales, Marketing, and Operational expertise.
About the Team
The Channel team is made up of regional CAM's (Channel Account Manager) and a CMC (Channel Marketing Coordinator). We are a highly interactive team working towards our goal of building out a partner ecosystem, and ensuring that partners are performing and continually driving business growth. Team members communicate openly with each other, sharing thoughts, keeping track of progress and working together efficiently. Our team diversity ensures a variety of different perspectives are at play, in an effort to find creative solutions to partner issues.
What You'll Be Doing
The CAM will be responsible for helping Safe achieve and improve its organization’s sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. You will become the partner management expert in the EMEA region and:
Support partners in building, managing and executing business plans for their business to support growth in territory. This includes regularly planning calls to discuss pipeline, identifying leads and opportunity, marketing initiatives, and go-to-market strategies, organizing special partner events, such as training and webinars.
- Establish open communication channels as the primary contact with partners and Safe internal staff, engaging technical, sales and marketing resources, facilitating discussions around strategic customers.
- Recruit based on a specific type of partner, a industry, a technology and a geographical region. Make sure to start a partner journey right and create a long-lasting and successful relationship with them. Support partner onboarding and maturity from New to Associate to Authorized to Tiered Partner levels. (Read more about our Partner Programs here.) Establish a thriving partner ecosystem to grow the business sustainably.
- Coach partners and guide them to leverage the partner program and increase partners’ knowledge and capacity to support their customers.
- Travel as required for special events or partner meetings.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for a CAM with passion for Channel Sales, Channel Marketing, and Business Development. Your application will also grab our attention if you possess the following:
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience in industry (preferably Software or High Tech) with International business experience in the EMEA market most desired.
- You are a resourceful, self-motivated, and highly organized professional who is able to prioritize and complete activities on time with minimal supervision.
- Customer-focused - You have a strong desire to provide outstanding service and to understand the needs of our partners and customers.
- You have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of implementing and selling software solutions from the customer perspective (customer buyer journey).
- You have excellent communication skills and an exceptional command of the English language, both written and spoken, to engage with our partners and customers (including those whose primary language may not be English).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask to manage communications with our international partners across various devices, sources and time zones (primarily email and telephone).
- You are a team player who is flexible and able to adapt to Safe’s continuous growth and change within the organization as required.
- You are a quick learner and are open to adopting new technologies to get the job done. Familiarity with MS Office, Gmail, Google Drive, Salesforce, Slack and Trello.
- Ability to speak a second language is desired, but not required.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.