About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a talented, fun-loving C++ developer who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As a C++ Developer, you’ll get your own private office and work closely alongside our Database team to start shipping production code right away.
As a member of our small, self-directed Database team, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and complex projects that include: reading and implementing standards specifications (occasionally reverse engineering areas of ambiguity); writing code to read, write, and query databases and other systems and formats with a focus on performance and high fidelity; and designing new workflows or data models that improve FME’s ability to talk to different kinds of database systems.
What You'll Be Doing
Your humble approach, and your ability to differentiate between what’s important, and what isn’t, will add to your success.
- Extending our core architecture - this lets us build support for new databases and file formats. FME supports many kinds of data; our team focuses on data stored in database, CAD (computer aided design), and BIM (building information model) formats and systems. Each new format or system is a fresh challenge that we’re excited to tackle.
- Enhancing existing capabilities – our product leads the market by supporting hundreds of formats and web services. Since the only constant in technology is change, we devote time to provide our customers with backwards compatibility so that they can take advantage of the latest updates with each format or web service that we support.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
First and foremost, we are looking for people who have passion and skill for coding. Your application will also grab our attention if you have experience in the following areas:
- SQL and/or database development
- 3D and BIM (Building Information Modelling)
- Visual Studio – other IDEs like PyCharm, XCode, are a bonus
- Windows OS – Linux/Unix OS experience would be an asset
- XML and/or JSON, and/or web services
- Familiarity with distributed revision control systems such as Git
Furthermore, we're looking for candidates who have/are:
- A degree in Computing Science or Engineering (preferred, but not required), or equivalent industry experience.
- A team player - you demonstrate a positive attitude with a focus on continuous improvement within the team and for yourself.
- A self-starter - You're resourceful and know how and when to ask questions. You take initiative to tackle new problems with a curious and open mind.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada. Some international travel may be required.
- Familiarity or experience with Python is an asset.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.