About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a fun-loving, talented Account Manager who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As an Account Manager, you will work closely with the Customer Experience, Marketing and Sales team to help build and expand relationships within the utilities sector at Safe.
About The Team
The Customer Experience, Marketing and Sales team first and foremost is a team that prioritizes our customers’ needs. Our focus isn't about closing, it's about helping. You'll assist in building and maintaining relationships with leads and customers, and help them understand how our FME products can benefit them, without relying on high-pressure sales tactics. We focus on the overall customer experience and we believe in our software, and let the results speak for themselves.
What You'll Be Doing
As an Account Manager, here's a snapshot of what you'll get to do:
- Assist with identifying new sales opportunities: Working alongside our team of Account Managers, you’ll use a number of tools at your disposal to identify and reach out to potential new customers in the utilities sector. You'll help prepare for product demos and help answer questions about our product line.
- Nurture client relationships: As the main point of contact for utilities, you will help maintain the existing and well-developed relationships with our current customers. By providing first-class customer experience, you will play an integral role in ensuring our customers’ needs are tended to swiftly and maintain a high level of customer retention.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders: Work alongside other customer-facing teams, such as the Partner and Customer Success teams, to ensure a seamless and successful customer experience.
In this role you may need to attend special events, trade shows, conferences and partner meetings in the future, so some travel may be required.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 4-7 years of experience in sales, utilities, or public works (in high tech is an asset)
- A degree or diploma in Geography, GIS, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and related sales and customer service experience.
- Passionate about technology. You are curious about data inter-connectivity and how data, databases, and systems flow and communication with one another. You have been exposed to software used in GIS, business intelligence or asset management to gain a holistic understanding of how data can flow.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. You put an emphasis on problem solving to ensure that our customers receive top notch service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You have an excellent command of the English language and are confident in your writing abilities to communicate with the team as well as with external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills - You effectively manage numerous responsibilities such as meetings, demos, calls, etc. You are able to organize your time efficiently to tackle the many tasks ahead!
- Team Player - You thrive working with others in our fluid team and open to rolling up your sleeves to help out the team when needed.
- Familiarity with utilities operations and business practices.
- Familiarity with CRM, such as Salesforce.
- Previous experience in a high tech, software, utilities or public works environment is an asset.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.