About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a fun-loving, talented Account Manager who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As an Account Manager, you will work closely with the Customer Experience and Sales team to help build and expand relationships within the utilities sector at Safe.
About The Team
The Customer Experience and Sales team first and foremost is a team that prioritizes our customers’ needs. Our focus isn't about closing, it's about helping. You'll assist in building and maintaining relationships with leads and customers, and help them understand how our FME products can benefit them, without relying on high-pressure sales tactics. We focus on the overall customer experience and we believe in our software, and let the results speak for themselves.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Account Manager, here's a snapshot of what you'll get to do:
- Assist with identifying new sales opportunities: Working alongside our team of Account Managers, you’ll use a number of tools at your disposal to identify and reach out to potential new customers in the utilities sector. You'll help prepare for product demos and help answer questions about our FME product line.
- Nurture client relationships: As the main point of contact for utilities, you will help maintain the existing and well-developed relationships with our current customers. By providing first-class customer experience, you will play an integral role in ensuring our customers’ needs are tended to swiftly and maintain a high level of customer retention.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders: Work alongside other customer-facing teams, such as the Partner and Customer Success teams, to ensure a seamless and successful customer experience.
In this role you may need to attend special events, trade shows, conferences and partner meetings in the future, so some travel may be required.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 4+ years of experience in sales, utilities, or public works (in high tech is an asset)
- A degree or diploma in Geography, GIS, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and related sales and customer service experience.
- Passionate about technology. You are curious about data inter-connectivity and how data, databases, and systems flow and communication with one another. You have been exposed to software used in GIS, business intelligence or asset management to gain a holistic understanding of how data can flow.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. You put an emphasis on problem solving to ensure that our customers receive top notch service.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - You have an excellent command of the English language and are confident in your writing abilities to communicate with the team as well as with external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills - You effectively manage numerous responsibilities such as meetings, demos, calls, etc. You are able to organize your time efficiently to tackle the many tasks ahead!
- Team Player - You thrive working with others in our fluid team and open to rolling up your sleeves to help out the team when needed.
- Familiarity with utilities operations, and business practices.
- Familiarity with CRM, such as Salesforce.
- Previous experience in a high tech, software, utilities or public works environment is an asset.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.