About The Role
Are you a creative storyteller with a passion for the technical side of video production and streaming?
Safe Software is looking for a Video Production Intern to help us deliver a multi-track conference streamed virtually for our quirky, fun brand. The role also comes with the opportunity to grow your video experience through the complete cycle of production, creating professional-quality videos.
About the Product Marketing Team
The Product Marketing team’s role is to assess the market and identify how we can attract new FME users, retain existing ones, and empower our users to become product champions who pitch FME to their friends. We turn this market intelligence into GoToMarket and launch campaigns, including video content, and support the rest of the marketing teams at Safe to deliver global-scale events.
What You'll Be Doing
Using in-house resources, you’ll work alongside our Video Producer to ensure that videos are in-brand and follow the latest trends in marketing and design. You will be involved from the very beginning, gathering information on the needs of the content, creating scripts and organizing logistics, implementing film industry techniques in the recording process, and editing in post-processing for the final polish.
By creating engaging videos, you will help our customers understand the endless possibilities of what they can achieve with our software, FME. Our product specializes in mapping and 3D data, so our examples are easy to make visually interesting. Our video program delivers inspired product overview videos, how-tos, Myth-Busters-meets-Bill-Nye-the-Science-Guy explainers, stop-motion explainers, and other video content that captures viewers’ attention.
Throughout the paid internship you’ll have creative freedom, and support other teams at Safe to ensure high quality videos you can add to your portfolio.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 1-2+ years experience in video editing, camera operation, audio editing, and conceptualization for clients or companies
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, and/or Photoshop)
- Familiarity with DSLR camera equipment and sound recording equipment
- Interest or experience in streaming video technology
- Talent in the art of storytelling, demonstrating creative thinking and problem-solving
- High productivity, with the ability to produce & publish videos in a tight turnaround
- Strong analytical skills to understand full project scope, lifecycle, and business value
- Ability to share ideas and take creative projects from ideation to the final stage
- Excellent collaboration, teamwork, and communication skills
- Openness to feedback and direction
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and ensure project delivery
- Interest in high tech concepts, such as SaaS, IT, GIS, data integration, cloud-based tools, and related technologies
- Experience with YouTube publishing strategy
- Experience using Vidyard
- Skill in directing individuals who don’t have an acting background
- Strong on-camera personality
- Experience with cinema cameras (Canon C, Sony FS, Z Cam, BMPCC)
- Understanding of Log format colour grading