About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a talented, fun-loving Technology Expert/ Technical Support Specialist individual who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! You’ll join the FME Desktop Experts team and start helping customers right away.
About The Team
The Customer Success group at Safe is responsible for enabling our user community with the support, tools and resources needed to unleash the power of their data. On the Desktop Experts team, we support the FME platform through support cases, the FME Community, and Live Chat. The team has a customer-focused and a product-focused stream that are closely linked. This position will be customer-focused, helping on board new users and addressing fresh challenges that our existing customers are facing through product demos and proof-of-concepts.
Being exposed to emerging technologies and exciting data challenges while being on a self-directed support team, you’ll have the opportunity to customize your career at Safe Software based on your strengths and passions. As a Technology Expert, you’ll be positioned to create cross-team relationships (i.e. Sales, Knowledge, Development, Marketing) and find opportunities to contribute to their efforts as well.
What You'll Be Doing
Our FME Desktop Experts team needs help from people who can contribute to our Customer Success program:
- Provide exceptional support. Nobody returns to a restaurant with horrible service, even if the food is delicious. That’s why we follow the “restaurant model” at Safe Software, eager to provide top-notch service and support alongside an amazingly powerful product. As a Technology Expert/ Technical Support Specialist, you form the front line, bringing new users online with FME, troubleshooting issues and helping customers find solutions to their technical challenges.
- Educate our customers. You play a critical role at Safe, acting as the link between us and our customers. Equipped with this understanding, you create presentations for webinars and events, deliver product training and demonstrations, and produce written and video content for our knowledge base.
- Influence product development. With your knowledge of our customers’ needs and challenges, you advocate for new and improved functionality that will help them. In some cases, you may even be embedded in a development project to provide the voice of the customer.
Note: A limited amount of travel may be required.
As Technology Experts/ Technical Support Specialists, we contribute to a number of facets of Safe Software. Day to day, you may find yourself:
- Working with customers and internal stakeholders to address product defects through investigating and reproducing the issue
- Collaborating across teams to deliver high level proof-of-concepts/demos for prospective clients
- Assisting customers with enhancement requests and how-to questions in the FME Community (Q&A Forum), and Live Chat
- Assisting our product management team in obtaining use cases for new features
- Testing out and playing with new formats and features of the FME Desktop product in beta stages
- Supporting the Knowledge team by contributing to Knowledge Base articles and tutorials
- Participating in webinars (both delivering and creating content)
- Attending and presenting at conferences
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
Safe Software evaluates applicants based on their passion and skill for providing support. That said, we’re paying attention to the following:
- You are able to clearly articulate technical concepts to a broad audience (non-technical and experts) both written and in person
- You have 2+ years experience working with a broad range of data formats (3D, BIM, CAD, GIS, raster, tabular, NoSQL, etc.), data models/schemas, platforms, and/or web services
- You have a curious mind and love problem solving
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a passion for helping others
- You have experience working on a technical support team or in a technical consulting role or have relevant industry experience
- A working knowledge of Safe Software’s FME
- You have 2+ years experience working with or administering databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, GE Smallworld, etc.)
- Experience with CADBIM applications (AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Revit, Indoor Mapping etc.)
- Experience with 3D technology (Cesium, I3s, CityGML, etc.)
- Experience working with web services (Amazon S3, AGOL, ArcGIS Portal, Tableau, Socrata, etc.)
- Experience with GIS products (Esri ArcGIS, MapInfo, Intergraph GeoMedia, etc.)
- Exposure to programming/scripting languages (Python, JSON, SQL, XML, etc.)
- Ability to speak a second language
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.