About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a talented, fun-loving Technical Support Specialist who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! You’ll join the Customer Success team supporting our Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) users and start helping customers right away.
The world is swamped with data, and organizations are feeling the pain. The FME Platform reduces the friction and allows for our thousands of (very happy) customers to painlessly move data from point A to point B. Our team supports FME Desktop users as they design and author their data integration workflows. Whatever the type of data – be it from databases, web services, social media, GIS, sensors, building models, imagery, and more – FME is up for the task.
About The Team
The Customer Success group at Safe is responsible for enabling our user community with the support, tools and resources needed to unleash the power of their data. On the Desktop Technical Support team, we support the FME platform through support cases, the FME Community, and Live Chat.
Being exposed to emerging technologies and exciting data challenges while being on a self-directed support team, you’ll have the opportunity to customize your career at Safe Software based on your strengths and passions. As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll be positioned to create cross-team relationships (Sales, Knowledge, Development, Marketing) and find opportunities to contribute to their efforts as well.
What You'll Be Doing
Our FME Desktop Technical Support team needs help from people who can contribute to our Customer Success program:
- Provide exceptional support. Nobody returns to a restaurant with horrible service, even if the food is delicious. That’s why we follow the “restaurant model” at Safe Software, eager to provide top-notch service and support alongside an amazingly powerful product. As a Technical Support Specialist, you form the front line, troubleshooting issues, helping customers find solutions to their technical challenges, and bringing new users online with FME.
- Educate our customers. You play a critical role at Safe, acting as the link between us and our customers. Equipped with this understanding, you produce written and video content for our knowledge base, create presentations for webinars and events, and deliver product training and demonstrations.
- Influence product development. With your knowledge of our customers’ needs and challenges, you advocate for new and improved functionality that will help them. In some cases, you may even be embedded in a development project to provide the voice of the customer.
As Technical Support Specialists, we contribute to a number of facets of Safe Software by collaborating with customers and internal stakeholders. Day to day, you may find yourself:
- Addressing product defects by investigating and reproducing customer issues
- Delivering high level product demonstrations and proof-of-concepts for prospective clients
- Assisting customers with how-to questions and enhancement requests in the FME Community (Q&A Forum), and Live Chat
- Supporting the Knowledge team by contributing to Knowledge Base articles and tutorials
- Assisting our Product Management team in obtaining use cases for new features
- Testing out and playing with new formats and features of the FME Desktop product in beta stages
- Participating in webinars (both delivering and creating content)
- Attending and presenting at conferences (Note: A limited amount of travel in the future may be required)
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
Safe Software evaluates applicants based on their passion and skill for providing support. That said, we’re paying attention to the following:
- You have experience working on a technical support team or in a technical consulting role or have relevant industry experience
- You are able to clearly articulate technical concepts to a broad audience (non-technical and experts) both written and in person
- You have experience working with a broad range of data formats and platforms – tabular/databases, cloud platforms & web services, 3D, BIM, CAD, GIS, raster etc.
- You have a curious mind and love problem solving
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a passion for helping others
- Previous experience with Safe Software’s FME Platform.
- Experience working with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or Snowflake
- Experience with CADBIM applications (AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Revit, Indoor Mapping etc.)
- Experience with 3D technologies (Cesium, I3s, CityGML, etc.)
- Experience working with web services (Amazon S3, Tableau, Socrata, AGOL, ArcGIS Portal etc.)
- Experience with GIS products (Esri ArcGIS, MapInfo, Intergraph GeoMedia, etc.)
- Exposure to programming/scripting languages (Python, JSON, SQL, XML, etc.)
- Ability to speak a second language
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.