About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a talented, fun-loving Technical Support Specialist who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! You’ll join the FME Desktop Technical Support team and start helping customers right away.
The world is swamped with data, and organizations are feeling the pain. The FME Platform reduces the friction and allows for our thousands of (very happy) customers to painlessly move data from anywhere to everywhere. Our team supports users as they tackle their data integration workflows with FME – be it from databases, web services, social media, GIS, sensors, building models, imagery, and more, FME is up for the task!
About The Team
The Customer Success team at Safe consists of a passionate group of Technical Specialists who provide technical support, customer education, and knowledge creation. We strive to provide our customers with the tools and resources needed to unleash the power of their data with FME.
As a member of this highly collaborative group, we’re looking for an individual who is all about the team, is passionate about data, and is keen to dive into new and exciting technologies.
- Great communicators. We talk to people all day, building relationships along the way. Whether that’s assisting customers or chatting with co-workers, we want to make sure everyone has a positive experience.
- Team players. Our team is positioned to create cross-team relationships with Sales, Knowledge, Development, Marketing and we find opportunities to contribute to their efforts as well.
- Interest in technology and data. FME supports over 450 different data formats, which means there’s a wide range of formats and software that we need to learn about. We're always keeping up with the latest technology, from indoor mapping to Snowflake and Revit.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Technical Support Specialist supporting our FME Desktop product, you will:
- Provide exceptional support. Nobody returns to a restaurant with horrible service, even if the food is delicious. That’s why we follow the “restaurant model” at Safe Software, eager to provide top-notch service and support alongside an amazingly powerful product. As a Technical Support Specialist, you form the front line, troubleshooting issues, helping customers find solutions to their technical challenges, and bringing new users online with FME.
- Educate our customers. You play a critical role at Safe, acting as the link between us and our customers. Equipped with this understanding, you produce content for our knowledge base, create presentations for webinars and events, and deliver product training and demonstrations.
- Influence product development. With your knowledge of our customers’ needs and challenges, you advocate for new and improved functionality that will help them. In some cases, you may even be embedded in a development project to provide the voice of the customer.
Being exposed to emerging technologies and exciting data challenges while being on a self-directed support team, you’ll have the opportunity to customize your career at Safe Software based on your strengths and passions.
As Technical Support Specialists, we contribute to a number of facets of Safe Software by collaborating with customers and internal stakeholders. Day to day, you may find yourself:
- Providing Technical Support through live chat, email, and the FME Community (Q&A Forums)Assisting customers with how-to questions and enhancement requests in the FME Community (Q&A Forum), and Live Chat
- Delivering product demonstrations and proof-of-concepts for prospective clients
- Supporting the Knowledge team by contributing to Knowledge Base articles and tutorials
- Addressing product defects by investigating and reproducing customer issues
- Identify issues within FME and advocate for new and improved functionality that will help our customers.
- Testing new formats and features of the FME Desktop product in beta stages
- Participating in webinars
- Attending and presenting at conferences
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
Safe Software evaluates applicants based on their passion and skill for providing support. That said, we’re paying attention to the following:
- You have experience working on a technical support team or in a technical consulting role or have relevant industry experience
- You have good interpersonal skills and are able to clearly articulate technical concepts to a broad audience (non-technical and experts) both written and in person
- You have experience working with a broad range of data formats and platforms – tabular/databases, 3D, BIM, CAD, GIS, raster, cloud platforms and web services, etc.
- You have a curious mind and love problem solving
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a passion for helping others
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience with Safe Software’s FME Platform.
- Experience working with databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or Snowflake
- Experience with CADBIM applications (AutoCAD, Bentley MicroStation, Revit, Indoor Mapping etc.)
- Experience with 3D technologies (Cesium, I3s, CityGML, etc.)
- Experience working with web services and APIs (Amazon S3, Tableau, Socrata, AGOL, ArcGIS Portal etc.)
- Experience with GIS products (Esri ArcGIS, MapInfo, Intergraph GeoMedia, etc.)
- Exposure to programming/scripting languages (Python, JSON, SQL, XML, etc.)
- Ability to speak a second language
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.