About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Systems Administrator with solid experience in traditional systems and networking administration, coupled with a good working knowledge of Cloud environments and SaaS integration. As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for providing top-notch levels of IT service to all departments across the organization and offering your technical expertise to support staff in their day-to-day tasks and functions.
In this role, you will be building and monitoring systems, architecture and networks in cloud based environments as well as traditional in-house environments. You will be involved in supporting others as well as researching new products and building new solutions.
As other teams explore new technologies you will be expected to move along technically with them and assist by providing automations and secure environments for them to work in.
About the Team
As a Systems Administrator, you will be working closely within our Information Technology Operations team (ITOps). This is a close-knit group composed of Systems Administrators and an ITOps Manager who work together to help ensure that our computing environment remains secure and responsive for the demands of day-to-day operations. You will have the opportunity to utilize your technology skills to help improve work flows and enable our team to perform their duties efficiently and effectively.
You will also collaborate with our Information Security Specialist and Technology team to play a key role in implementing and monitoring policy and providing regular feedback on areas for improvement.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Offering first and second level technical support to staff members regarding internal IT systems and operations.
- Programming automation tasks and building computing solutions to support corporate operations within the cloud and in-house.
- Supporting day-to-day administration of system backup, security audit, and support of production and development systems.
- Managing organizational assets such as accounts, computers and licenses.
- Providing and automating technical onboarding and offboarding for staff.
- Contributing to streamlining departmental processes, including research, troubleshooting, and maintaining and improving existing systems.
- Developing technical expertise to train staff on new technologies.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for an individual who is a critical thinker and has:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of database, network administration or system administration experience (in high tech is an asset).
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans.
- Experience in implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations, including information security, storage, data production, and disaster recovery
- Working knowledge of various operating systems, including: Linux, Windows, and MacOSX.
- Familiarity and/or previous experience working with Cloud platform technologies, including: AWS, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, and vSphere.
- A good understanding and practical knowledge of network protocols and services.
- Superb customer service skills - You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders and internal customers.
- Strong time management and organizational skills - You are able to multi-task and demonstrate an incredible attention to detail in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to be resourceful.
- A lifelong-learning mentality - You are keen to stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and developments.
- Familiarity with GSuite/Workspaces.
- Familiarity or experience with Slack development.
- Experience with Atlassian tools and administration.
- Google Cloud Certifications.
- AWS Certifications.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.