About The Role
Do you have a passion for understanding what motivates your target audiences and how your product can help them overcome the challenges they face?
Safe Software is seeking a full-time temporary Product Marketing Specialist to join our Product Marketing (PMM) team to backfill for an upcoming 12-14 month maternity/parental leave. There is a remote option for this opportunity. In this role, you will help our customers understand how this incredible product can help change their lives. You'll work alongside the other Product Marketing team members as you build Safe Software's market intelligence, position the product, and create compelling content for your respective channels.
About The Team
The Product Marketing team’s role is to assess the market and identify how we can attract new FME users, retain existing ones, and empower our users to become product champions who pitch FME to their friends. We turn this market intelligence into GoToMarket campaigns, which include messaging for Safers and Partners to reference resource creation plans. We then work across teams to build content, and get a hand in writing marketing content ourselves.
By joining our team, you will gain opportunities to grow what Product Marketing looks like at Safe, diving into new markets, building Product Marketing plans for existing markets, and growing relationships across the organization to build out what Product Marketing can offer.
What You'll Be Doing
- GoToMarket: You’ll research your markets and build GoToMarket plans that outline your target audience personas, requirements, positioning, messaging, competition, and other intel to share across the company. In addition, you will engage with a variety of internal stakeholders to gather intel and be a resource for sales enablement.
- Customer Enablement / Content Creation: You'll develop and execute the plan for content creation in your markets, collaborating across teams for delivery. You'll also write top quality content – both technical and high level – including product brochures, spotlights, customer stories, blog posts, technical briefs, white papers, articles, reports, sales tools, and more.
- Cross-Team Engagement: You'll team up with others including Marketing, Sales/Customer Engagement, Support/Customer Success, Customer Education, Channel, Product Owners, our Founders, and others, to share your findings and gather ongoing intel from their conversations with customers and prospects. You'll brief and debrief them surrounding trade shows and other events, and depending on the global travel situation, you may attend together.
- Product Launch: You'll work closely with your PMM colleagues as we plan how each new release is brought to market and coordinate the cross-functional implementation of the launch plan.
- Marketing Teamwork: You'll collaborate with the Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Marketing Communications teams as we give each other's work a second set of eyes, and encourage one another with ideas, strategies, and tactics to help everyone succeed.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Graduate of a recognized Marketing or Communications program, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in technology marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Highly organized with a real passion for the details.
- Proven technical marketing and business writing skills, translating complex concepts into language that your audience understands.
- Experienced at working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- Familiarity with cloud-based tools, IT, or GIS are an asset.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.