About The Role
Do you have a passion for marketing, driven by a desire to help customers solve their challenges? Do you want an experience that catapults your career with opportunities to manage projects, perform market research, write compelling content, and help us pull off a multi-track virtual conference with speakers from all over the globe? Then this paid internship was designed for you.
Safe Software was launched in 1993 by two friends with a shared dream: that data could be used where, when, and how it's needed. Today, thousands of customers in over 100 countries and a wide range of industries use our product, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine). Recognized as the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data, FME enables users to maximize the value of their data. Whatever the type of data – be it maps, sensors, building models, satellite imagery, databases, cloud services, and more – FME is up for the task.
Safe Software is seeking a full-time Product Marketing Intern to join our Product Marketing (PMM) team for the January 2021 co-op term (4-months). In this role, you will help our customers understand how this incredible product can help change their lives. You'll be mentored by Product Marketing team members as we work together to deliver valuable marketing content for our global customer base, attract prospects, and build Safe Software's market intelligence.
About the Product Marketing Team
The Product Marketing team’s role is to assess the market and identify how we can attract new FME users, retain existing ones, and empower our users to become product champions who pitch FME to their friends. We turn this market intelligence into GoToMarket and launch campaigns, and support the rest of the marketing teams at Safe to deliver global-scale events.
What You'll Be Doing
- Virtual Event Presentations: You’ll project manage our public call for presentations for our virtual event, reaching customers and partners around the world. You’ll run point on communications and support the agenda planning, presentation reviews, and other marketing efforts to help make this event a great success.
- Marketing Content: You’ll author marketing materials, supporting our GoToMarket campaigns with customer stories, sales tools, and more.
- Research: You’ll perform market research to answer specific questions and provide recommendations out of your findings, engaging with a variety of internal stakeholders to gather and share intel.
- Product Launch: You'll work closely with your PMM colleagues as we plan how the FME 21.0 release is brought to market with the cross-functional implementation of the launch plan.
- Cross-Team Engagement: You'll team up with others including Marketing, Sales/Customer Engagement, Support/Customer Success, Customer Education, Channel, Product Owners, our Founders, and more as we work together to achieve our mutual goals.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- One or more co-op terms (or similar experience) in a marketing or business position.
- Working towards a post-secondary degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Highly organized with a real passion for the details.
- Proven marketing and business writing skills, translating complex concepts into language that your audience understands.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ready to work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity.
- Experience with Salesforce, Pardot, or other CRM and marketing automation tools.
- Interest in high tech concepts, such as IT, GIS, data integration, SaaS, cloud-based tools, and related technologies.