About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a fun-loving, talented Conference Coordinator (Contract) who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest-growing data integration companies in the world! As a Conference Coordinator (Contract), you will play a key role in planning, organizing and execution of one of our largest events, the FME User Conference 2020 (FME UC 2020), which gathers hundreds of the world’s top data experts to exchange knowledge, transform their skills, and get inspired with FME (Feature Manipulation Engine). In this role, you will have the opportunity to build the FME UC 2020 communication plan, oversee cross-team deliverables, and organize interactive sessions and social events to ensure our conference delegates have an outstanding experience.
About The Team
Our Marketing Communications (MarComs) team is comprised of individuals who specialize in promoting Safe’s brand through communications and event production. This small, but close-knit team is responsible for overseeing a variety of webinars and many large-scale, international events that take place annually for the Safe team, including the FME World Tour, Partner Summit, trade shows, and industry conferences. The Conference Coordinator (Contract) will work with each member of the team to support the success of the FME UC. Specifically, the MarComs team will assist with visual content creation, execution of sponsorship inclusions, creative brainstorming sessions, conference swag negotiations and orders, audiovisual and catering expertise, plus so much more.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Conference Coordinator (Contract), you will have the opportunity to be a part of this exciting road to FME UC 2020 and help our team with:
- Carrying out the existing project plan and also providing suggestions on improvements to better the customer experience.
- Content creation for event promotions such as emails, social media, and ads, as well as ongoing web copy updates and event app communications.
- Overseeing the conference agenda and working with key stakeholders to ensure plenary sessions, breakouts, and presentations are created on time and to the best of our ability.
- The coordination of Partner Summit, conference sponsorship, hackathon, and venue logistics.
- Organization of the event staffing plan and ongoing internal communications.
- Management of vendors and maintaining the conference budget, with regular updates to the team lead.
- Compiling attendee and staff feedback, budget reconciliation, and providing a post-event summary to analyze event success.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- 3-5 years of experience in event planning, event management, or logistics.
- A degree or certificate in Marketing, Communications or equivalent.
- A proven track record of success with organizing large-scale events overseeing event deliverables, communication plans, and engaging stakeholders.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and time management skills. You are skillful at managing multiple projects and deadlines to ensure that your events run smoothly. You can work under time pressure and handle stress effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You exercise your creative writing abilities to write compelling communication plans and are able to communicate effectively with your team.
- A team player and a motivated self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision. At Safe, we are a team that works together to deliver an exceptional experience to our staff, customers and FME users. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves, set schedules, manage deadlines and risks to ensure the job gets done.
- Flexibility for unplanned overtime and attendance at meetings and public events after normal work hours.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and MS Office tools.
- Previous experience organizing large-scale conferences and complex projects is an asset.
- Experience with JIRA, Trello, Salesforce is an asset.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.