About The Role
Safe Software is looking for an experienced Community Manager who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world. The Community Manager is responsible for the health and well being of the Safe Software online Community and the successful engagement of its members. Along with ensuring community users have a rewarding experience, you’ll support the internal stakeholders in their efforts to provide and maintain the best content in their respective areas of: supporting the Questions & Answers forum; providing relevant Knowledge Base articles for the encouragement and understanding of the FME product and; and monitor and encourage community interaction through the Ideas Exchange.
In addition to championing the value and increased usage of the community, you will also work closely with the Marketing team to ensure that the community is representative of the Safe Software brand and code of ethics.
You’ll be the primary facilitator of the online self-serve community business process in co-operation with the other key stakeholders from various teams at Safe. You’ll also collaborate with other departments tasked with the evolution and continuous improvement of our product and supporting staff.
What You'll Be Doing
As a Community Manager in Operations, you’ll get to:
- Develop a community strategy - implement a community strategy with clearly defined business objectives and strategies, key behaviours and use cases.
- Drive community activity, engagement and content - Welcome new members, and engage with community champions and community members. Identify and leverage successful conversations and communities, recognizing top contributors and community champions.
- Moderate, escalate and curate content, and track content trends - Monitor and assist community users and escalate issues to the appropriate stakeholders as required. Manage and maintain moderation and guidelines for the online community platform and enforce when needed.
- Develop a metrics strategy to regularly track community usage, engagement and success - Identify metrics, measure success and value, and communicate these metrics and measures. Assess the health of the online community and strategize ways to scale and connect with new people. From these evaluations, build a community road map.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders - Provide actionable reporting to the key stakeholders in support of the continuous improvement of the online experience and ease of use. With the support of IT and Marketing, effectively design and deliver online content, in collaboration with other teams. Support the Knowledge and Community Engagement team with their provision of online content. Encourage and support the FME Technology Experts in their interactions with and service to community users.
- Administer the community - Act as the primary point of contact with the ISP (AnswerHub) for issues and upgrades relating to the online community. With the aid of IT assume the shared activities of (AnswerHub) site administration.
- Share knowledge - Educate colleagues on best practices for online engagement and community management. Work to share best practices and learnings across the organization to drive innovation and collaboration.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Degree or Diploma in business or technology field or equivalent work experience (e.g. Business Intelligence, GIS, Data Science).
- 2 years of previous experience with online community engagement or management experience.
- Ability to facilitate discussions which clearly define an opportunity, recommend creative solutions and implement changes in a dynamic team environment.
- Must be a committed, enthusiastic team player with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Must have the ability to work constructively with individuals across the organization.
- Business management skills, or the willingness to learn them.
- Ability to adopt collaborative mindsets.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate.
- Experience working on information management, data governance and/or electronic records in a business operational environment.
- Experience or familiarity with Salesforce is an asset.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data in a logical manner and be able to summarize findings to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- An established understanding of FME and an ability to recognize similarities of dialogue across multiple industries and domains.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.