About The Role
Safe Software (“Safe”) is looking for an action-oriented, results driven Channel Account Manager (CAM) with previous experience in Channel Sales, Channel Marketing and/or Business Development to join our Channel Sales team and support our Partners. The primary responsibility of a CAM is maintain, support, and grow Safe’s partner channel (Authorized and Associate Partner levels) within their assigned regional territory. This is a hybrid role requiring Sales, Marketing, and Operational expertise.
What You'll Be Doing
The CAM is responsible for helping Safe achieve and improve its organization’s sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. As a CAM, you will become the regional account expert within your territory. You will:
- Assist partners with customer opportunities and quotes, facilitate discussions around strategic customer account management, identify sales opportunities, and engage technical and sales resources to support partners sales activities.
- Support partners in building, managing and executing business plans for their business to support growth in territory. This includes regularly planning calls to discuss pipeline, marketing initiatives, and go-to-market strategies.
- Track and report on activities related to channel sales, via internal CRM database (Salesforce), and maintain regular internal communications with the Sales, Channel, Support, and Marketing Teams.
- Demonstrate sound business acumen of business drivers and regional nuances and how these will impact channel partner profitability by providing quarterly business updates to the leadership team.
- Identify gaps in partner expertise in region (market, geography) and initiate joint business development opportunities with Technical Alliances, Marketing and Sales to recruit new partners to provide better customer support worldwide.
- Support partner onboarding and maturity from New to Associate to Authorized to Tiered Partner levels. (Read more about our Partner Programs here.)
- Continuously learn and keep abreast of all Safe Software products and services (licensing and training), pricing changes, and channel marketing content to best serve and support the partner channel.
- Collaborate with appropriate Safe personnel to engage partners on teaming opportunities across marketing and sales initiatives, including customer stories, webinar and conference presentations, trade show participation, and proof of concepts, etc.
- Establish open communication channels as the primary contact with existing channel partners and internal staff that are pertinent to your territory.
- Assist with and organize special partner events, such as product training, sales meetings and webinars, partner meetings, etc.
- Assist the team in maintaining and creating Partner Enablement tools, which includes developing content for Partner Bulletins and Partner Resource Centre.
- Travel as required for special events or partner meetings.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
We are looking for a CAM with passion for Channel Sales, Channel Marketing, and Business Development. Your application will also grab our attention if you possess the following:
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience or industry experience (Software or High Tech experience would be a bonus).
- You are a resourceful, self-motivated, and highly organized professional who is able to prioritize and complete activities on time with minimal supervision.
- Customer-focused - You have a strong desire to provide outstanding service and to understand the needs of our partners and customers. You are a master at managing relationships.
- You have excellent communication skills and an exceptional command of the English language, both written and spoken, to engage with our partners and customers (including those whose primary language may not be English). The ability to speak a second language is desired, but not required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask to manage communications with our international partners across various devices, sources and time zones (primarily email and telephone).
- You are a quick learner and are open to adopting new technologies to get the job done. Familiarity with MS Office, Gmail, Google Drive, Salesforce, Slack, Trello, and Skype.
- You have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of implementing and selling software solutions from the customer perspective (customer buyer journey).
- You are a team player who is flexible and able to adapt to Safe’s continuous growth and change within the organization as required.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.