Load Any Data into CARTO
Accurately migrate data from countless applications to the CARTO mapping platform. FME reads data from over 400+ formats and has advanced tools that manipulate the contents and structure of a dataset during translation to fit the model and schema requirements of the destination CARTO system.
Transform and load data from:
- other cloud-based mapping platforms: Google Maps Engine, ArcGIS Online
- GIS applications: ArcGIS, MapInfo, Smallworld
- CAD programs: AutoCAD, MicroStation
- databases: Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- spreadsheets and tabular formats
- web services: Salesforce, Amazon Web Services
- XML-based formats
- many more
“FME is a great choice for migrating data into CARTO. We recommend it as the all-in-one solution to migrate Google Maps Engine projects to CARTO.”
– Javier de la Torre, CEO at CARTO
CARTO is a cloud-based mapping solution for visualizing and analyzing location data. It features design and geospatial analysis tools, and allows users to share maps securely or publish them on the web.
The table below outlines how CARTO is supported by our different FME products, and on which platform(s) the reader and/or writer runs.
|FME Desktop||FME Server||FME Cloud||Windows 32-bit||Windows 64-bit||Linux||Mac|
|Reader||Professional Edition & Up|
|Writer||Professional Edition & Up|