Move Spatial Data Seamlessly from Source to Destination
Use FME’s industry-leading spatial ETL platform to easily transport spatial data between applications, taking advantage of its unparalleled support for spatial formats, transformation tools and enhanced automation capabilities.
What is Spatial ETL?
A term coined by Safe Software itself, spatial extract, transform and load (spatial ETL) is the process whereby spatial data flows from source to target systems. It enables you to:
- Extract data quickly from almost any source, regardless of its originating format and structure - including those for popular CAD, GIS and spatial database solutions
- Transform data easily into any format and structure required using repeatable workflows
- Load data seamlessly into the target system directly from FME and make it available exactly when, where and how it’s needed
Read, Transform and Write Data from and to Many Spatial Formats
FME supports a wide range of commonly used spatial formats and applications including:
- GIS: ArcGIS, MapInfo, GeoMedia, Smallworld
- CAD: AutoCAD, MicroStation
- spatial databases: PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, Geodatabase
- point clouds
- XML-based spatial formats: KML, GML, CityGML
- BIM: Revit, IFC, SketchUp
- cloud-based mapping platforms: ArcGIS Online, CARTO, Socrata
- and many more
Reproject Data Between Thousands of Coordinate Systems
Spatial data can be associated with a seemingly endless number of possible coordinate systems, each characterized by parameters like earth model (ellipsoid or datum), unit of measurement, and projection type. Easily overcome the complexities involved in moving data between coordinate systems with FME’s library of 5000+ reference systems and its advanced coordinate reprojection tools.
Increase Productivity with Efficient Workflow Authoring and Automation
Quickly author FME spatial ETL workflows in FME Desktop’s intuitive graphical environment using easy-to-configure tools. Workflows run automatically and can be saved for future tasks, with flexible components that are easily adjusted to suit changing conditions.
For even greater efficiencies, use FME Server to implement enhanced automation into spatial ETL workflows with capabilities that allow you to create data transformation services, schedule tasks, process real-time data, make use of notification services, and more.