Benefits of Certification
As an FME Certified Professional, you'll enjoy all of these benefits at no cost:
- Official certificate confirming your FME Certified Professional accreditation
- Optional listing in the Certification Wall of Fame to increase your market visibility
- Exclusive badge for your user profile in the FME Community
- High-resolution version of FME Certified Professional logo, suitable for print or web
Determine If You Qualify
This certification is open to the general public, but is designed with consultants and integrators in mind. To qualify, it is recommended, but not required, that you have at least two years of FME experience and have completed the FME Desktop Basic, FME Desktop Advanced, and FME Server Authoring courses or equivalent training.
Complete The Exam
Prior to submitting your application, you must fill out the FME Certification Exam. To pass the exam, you will need to achieve at least 75%. It is worth noting that some questions will be worth more than others. This exam is "open book" and has no time limit.
Submit Your Application
Once you’ve completed the exam and have a grade of 75% or higher, you are ready to submit your application. Before submitting your application, please review the sample documentation.
Your application must include:
- 2-3 workspaces from projects which conform to FME best practices as outlined in FME Desktop Basic Best Practice section. Your sample projects should demonstrate an advanced level of FME expertise. Any related files or information should be provided just as if you were delivering a solution to a client.
- Source data or output data is not required for your sample projects.
- Workspace documentation in a PDF, Word document, or Text file. Here is an example of workspace documentation
- References from 2 clients whose projects you’ve been involved with within the last two years.
- All parts of your application must be in English with the exception of your workspaces.
The application process can take up to 3 weeks. Once we have received your completed exam, spoken to your references, and have reviewed your sample projects, we will contact you about the status of your certification.
If you have any questions during this process, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.