Safe Software is dedicated to providing an engaging, professional, and rewarding experience for all attendees, sponsors, staff, and other participants at our events, whether held in person or virtually. All our events, including conferences, summits, training sessions, user meetings, and related social events, are intended for professional collaboration and an open sharing of ideas. This requires an environment that is diverse, inclusive, safe, and free from discrimination and harassment in any form.
All individuals who participate (or plan to participate) in Safe Software’s events must abide by this Code.
- Be kind, professional, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, sexually charged, intimidating, or harassing behavior and speech. This includes statements made in social media postings, on-line publications, text messages, and all other forms of electronic communication.
- See Something, Say Something - if you experience or observe any behavior that does not meet the standard of this Code, then let us know immediately by emailing email@example.com for training events and firstname.lastname@example.org for all other events.
- Discrimination and harassment will not be tolerated in any form, whether in person or vitually. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination or harassment based on race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, age, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, maritial status, family status, physical or mental disability, physical appearance or any other status protected by laws in which the event is being held.
- Inappropriate behavior comes in many forms and may include jokes, slurs, derogatory statements, foul or obscene language, offensive clothing, nudity, leering, stalking, staring, gestures, pictures or drawings, violating personal space, harassing photography or recordings, unwelcome sexual advances, unwanted or offensive letters or poems, offensive email or voicemail messages, or social media postings.
- Discrimination and harassment do not have to be intentional to be a violation of this Code. Any conduct that is humiliating or intimidating to the recipient may constitute harassment. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes and carefully avoid comments or actions that have the potential to be misinterpreted.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
If a participant engages in any behavior that violates this Code, whether in person or virtually, then Safe Software’s event organizers may take any action they deem reasonable in the circumstances. Consequences may include: warnings issued to the offending individual, expulsion from all or part of the event without any refund or other compensation, contacting local authorities, exclusion from some or all future Safe Software events, training or other activities.
For any questions about this Code or regarding Safe Software’s events, please contact email@example.com.
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time and is without prejudice to Safe Software’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves. The Code was last updated on November 6, 2020.
Safe Software believes that diversity and inclusion are essential to creating memorable and meaningful events. We look forward to working with you to make all our events positive and energizing experiences.