About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to join our Digital Marketing team. In this role, you will focus predominantly on our digital domains, including our premier marketing website, safe.com, our blog, and other digital marketing projects. You’ll collaborate closely with our web developers, marketing and creative services team as well as a variety of other stakeholders. One of the main projects that you’ll work on is creating beautiful and usable web pages for our upcoming FME User Conference 2022.
About The Team
As a UX/UI Designer, you will have the opportunity to work as an embedded team member on both our Digital Marketing and UX/UI Design teams. Our Digital Marketing team consists of a team of Web Developers and a Product Manager who work together to continually improve and update our digital domains. You might redesign an older page with a new, modern look, or create brand new pages by working with other digital marketers, or after looking at our analytics to see how we can continue to drive traffic to meet our goals.
Our UX/UI Design team consists of a team of UX/UI Designers and a UX Researcher who collaborate on ensuring our FME platform, from safe.com to any one of our FME products, is consistent and aligned. This means participating in feedback sessions by sharing work in progress, collaborating on projects with your Design peers, or by working with our UX Researcher to validate designs and get user input.
As a member of these teams, you’ll be able to leverage your design experience and unique perspective to make meaningful contributions that directly impact all audiences that visit safe.com and our other digital domains.
What You'll Be Doing
As a UX/UI Designer on Digital Marketing and our UX/UI Design Team, you are responsible for ensuring our digital domains are providing the most value for our visitors and collaborating with other designers to ensure consistency and alignment across the platform. You will have the opportunity to:
- Create and share deliverables such as wireframes, user flows, and mockups to communicate design direction.
- Create high-fidelity mockups, ready to hand over to our developers.
- Help ideate and build a unified visual direction for our digital domains by collaborating with the Creative Services team.
- Use data from sources such as Google Analytics to guide decisions or find new opportunities to improve safe.com.
- Design, maintain, and support development as we build our design system, Liz.
- Work closely with stakeholders to modernize existing pages or create new pages.
- Collaborate with designers to provide feedback, support one another, and tackle cross-platform design projects.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in UX, UI, interaction design, graphic design, human computer interaction or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity mockups, interaction design, information architecture, prototyping, and turning business and user needs into highly usable outputs.
- Strong visual design skills, you’re comfortable creating graphics to make safe.com more personalized and engaging.
- Working knowledge of industry-standard design tools - Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Passionate about design - you will be an advocate for design and your users on the team and can challenge the team’s ideas and plans in a logical way.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A team player - you are able to work independently as well as in a team.
- A self-starter - you are able to set schedules, manage deadlines and risks to deliver on assigned projects.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment – you are not afraid of fast-paced change!
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality design work and working with a variety of stakeholders.
- A portfolio of previous projects that you are proud to talk about!
- Familiarity with working in an Agile environment (Kanban).
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, or other work-tracking tools.
- Familiarity with web development languages such as HTML and CSS.
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.