About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team! Like many in the world of Software Development, we apply the principles of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in our development workflows. This enables our developers to fix bugs faster and implement new features securely, in a very efficient manner.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you take on a technical leadership role and offer assistance to other team members and guide them to success.. You have the technical expertise to provide technical reviews,, suggest new ideas, and solve a breadth of DevOps problems. You will play an integral role in designing and architecting solutions for our DevOps infrastructure to support our FME Engine/Desktop Developers. We are looking for someone who has a passion for DevOps practices and tools that will drive success at Safe Software.
About the Team
The DevOps team promotes DevOps principles that improve communication and collaboration for the development of FME. Our team is responsible for architecting and maintaining a number of powerful infrastructure tools and automated pipelines that empower our FME software development team. We maintain many complex systems, such as our CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes Cluster, and Cloud Infrastructure which maximizes the efficiency of our developers and minimizes downtime for our end users.
What You'll Be Doing
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who is able to resolve operational issues, communicate feedback efficiently, share their DevOps expertise. On a day-to-day basis, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide code and solution reviews to other DevOps Engineers.
- Collaborate with many teams at Safe (Development, Quality Assurance, IT Operations and Service Enablement to name a few) and share your expertise in all DevOps best practices, including CI/CD and fast feedback.
- Identify issues and propose solutions with our DevOps Infrastructure.
- Innovate and contribute to new ideas to improve our FME Engine/Desktop pipelines.
- Write documentation as a form of communication and a method of preserving knowledge.
- Assist with triage of incoming issues and grooming the backlog.
- Learn and evaluate new DevOps technologies that may improve our existing strategies.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a DevOps (or equivalent) role for Desktop-based applications.
- Proficiency in Cloud Infrastructure Platforms, such as Azure and AWS.
- Proficiency in programming and scripting languages, like Python, PowerShell, and Unix Shell.
- Strong understanding of Jenkins pipelines and Jenkins Administration.
- Experience with creating and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with deploying Docker applications to Kubernetes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient problem solving skills.
- Quick learner and capable of adapting to new environments.
- Efficient time and task management.
- Experience with Kanban methodologies.
- Cross platform experience. (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Good understanding of web development. (HTTP, SSL, Node.JS, etc.)
- Good understanding of desktop application development. (C++, Visual Studio, gcc, etc.)
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.