About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to join our growing Marketing Communications team! If you enjoy writing and have a knack for translating technical product content into a story that leaves your audience wanting to read more, this is the role for you!
As a content marketer, you will drive research and content writing for Safe’s marketing landing pages, as well as other marketing projects and digital platforms to provide clear information to current and potential customers. You’ll play an important role in making our data integration content accessible and inclusive for all audiences (technical or non-technical). This role is highly collaborative, which means you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to research and define targeted audiences, content and trends, collaborate in developing content strategies, oversee content creation and publishing process and monitor consumer and content metrics. All of which will fuel your content creation process!
About the Team
The Marketing Communications (MarComs) team at Safe oversees our external communication strategy, including how we position our FME data integration story and its value in various digital formats to help generate and nurture new business. Our team has the important responsibility of ensuring that all communications (emails, social media, blog, web copy and other content) make a good impression on current and potential customers, users and Partners. The content that you create will ultimately help generate new business, showcase Safe Software’s brand and purpose and drive the company forward.
As a member of our team, you’ll work closely with a group of enthusiastic Marketers who value collaboration, open communication, and continuous feedback. You’ll receive regular cycles of feedback on your work and learn from the various marketing perspectives at Safe. We look forward to adding your voice and experience to the mix!
What You'll Be Doing
As a Content Marketing Specialist, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate and work with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and our Executives to ideate and define content goals.
- Research topics and trends and liaise with subject matter experts to ensure content is relevant and appealing. You will build effective marketing content and communications for various online and digital platforms.
- Develop content strategies to effectively reach desired target audience and reach marketing goals.
- Create content for a variety of platforms including the blog, website, email content, print collateral, eBooks, trade show presentation abstracts, customer stories, and more
- Proofread and edit content prior to publishing.
- Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented.
- Manage a content calendar and ensure the content remains consistent across all platforms.
- Coordinate with teams (Creative Services, Technical Support, Webinars, Social Media, etc) to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Track progress and content analytics and generate reports with recommendations and opportunities for continued strategies.
- Update existing website content to incorporate newly available product features and support marketing campaigns.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience with writing, preferably in the technology industry.
- Experience with content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla).
- Firm understanding of content practice such as SEO, SMO or PPC.
- Strong and interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communications.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to transform concepts into key messages for varied audiences.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills, with the ability to work with all stakeholders across the organization effectively.
- Ability to write professional and creative written content.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Ability to keep abreast of consumer and content trends.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration and Cloud technologies
Life At Safe
At Safe, you’ll find a community of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to push our vision forward.
While we take our work seriously, Safe is committed to encouraging work-life balance. With extra paid time off during the holidays and plenty of lunchtime sports to join, Safers are able to stay happy and healthy year-round. All Safers have the opportunity to grow with access to a learning and development budget, give back to their community with volunteer time, and get to know each other better with annual team-building events. This way, all Safers are able to innovate, support each other, and have some fun along the way.
When you join Safe, you’ll get your own laptop along with a new hire welcome package complete with Safe swag, of course. Currently, you’ll be working remotely along with the rest of the team due to COVID-19. On your first day, you’ll receive an orientation and meet your team to get role-specific training. After that, feel free to join any virtual activities like trivia, virtual coffee chats, or team games!
About Safe Software
Safe Software is the creator and developer of FME — the data integration platform with the best support for spatial data worldwide. Over 10,000 organizations around the world use FME in industries like AEC, government, utilities, and transportation to maximize the value of their data.
Founded in 1993, Safe is headquartered in Surrey, BC with over 190 team members and counting. We’re always looking for talented individuals with diverse backgrounds who are determined to learn and grow. Are you ready to join the team?
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Safe Software is an equal opportunity employer and we truly believe that innovation and strength begin with diversity and inclusion. We welcome all candidates regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ability, disability, national or ethnic origin, political belief, religion, or family status. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com.