About The Role
Do you have a keen eye for detail and have a knack for data analysis?
Safe Software is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to help us analyze our internal testsuite tools, reviewing and consolidating both spatial and non-spatial data, and writing scripts to batch test changes and processes. This role comes with an opportunity to grow your critical thinking skills by carefully organizing and managing real user data and to increase your level of understanding of how minute changes can have a compounded effect in testing.
About the Quality Assurance Team
Our Quality Assurance development group consists of a group of several QA team members who are responsible for continuously extending the reach of FME technology to support the evolving needs of our customers. In this role, you will focus on analyzing spatial and non-spatial data to review and consolidate testsuite test datasets for FME Engine and Performance.
What You'll Be Doing
- Analyzing Safe’s in-house testsuite tool, both FME Engine and FME Performance Testsuite.
- Reviewing and consolidating datasets for the testsuite. This includes both spatial and non-spatial data. For example, different geometry types (point, line, polygon, aggregate 3D, 2D surfaces), ESRI data formats, etc.
- Carefully selecting, organizing and managing real user data.
- Assisting with maintaining and updating tests under our testsuite framework.
- Writing scripts to batch processing test changes.
- Investigating how changes to datasets impact test results and identifying any discrepancies with the QA team.
Some of the technologies and testing fundamentals you will be exposed to include:
- Developing end-to-end tests for an Enterprise web application
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative and open to receiving and sharing ideas with the team
- Good problem solving abilities and takes initiative to ask questions
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Demonstrated willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) concepts, ESRI ArcGIS, Python and other scripting languages
- Students who are in their 3rd+ year
- Prior co-op or related experience is an asset