About The Role
Safe Software is looking for a fun-loving, reliable Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist who is interested in becoming part of one of the fastest growing data integration companies in the world! As an AR/AP Specialist, you will help our Finance team ensure that accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions are processed efficiently and swiftly!
Safe’s Finance team is responsible for managing and maintaining the integrity of the financial information and control systems, handling day-to-day cash management of the cash inflows and outflows, as well as providing support and collaborating with other departments within the organization on occasion.
What You'll Be Doing
As an AR/AP Specialist, your primary responsibilities will involve:
- Processing sales orders, invoices, and customer payments.
- Processing vendor invoices and employee expenses.
- Processing purchase orders.
- Pulling and analyzing analytical reports for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Assisting the team with ad hoc tasks/projects and provide back-up for other Finance team members.
Your secondary responsibilities, may include:
- Assisting the Controller with monthly accounting duties.
- Special projects related to accounting, processes, or reporting.
- Assist with year-end preparation of financial information.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Basic knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting.
- Minimum of two years experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, or a similar role.
- Experience working with the following or equivalent software: NetSuite, Google Suite software, Replicon, SalesForce, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Exceptional customer service and ability to resolve customer accounts, as necessary, with your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Specialized reporting for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Detail oriented with strong typing and data entry skills.
- A team player - you are able to work independently and within a team environment.
- A self-starter – you are able to set schedules, manage timelines, and are solutions oriented.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and dynamic environment – you are not afraid of fast-paced change!
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
About Safe Software
Safe Software was founded in Vancouver, BC in 1993 by two people and a dream to unleash the power of data. From this vision, FME (Feature Manipulation Engine) was born. FME is the integration platform with the best support for spatial data and the tool that organizations can employ to transform their data in limitless ways. Our software allows anyone to move and share their data to create useful workflows in a simple drag-and-drop format. Whatever the type of data - be it sensors, maps, building models, imagery, databases, social media, web services, and more - FME is up for the task.
Now, with over 150 staff and a new, modern office facility, Safe Software is looking for talented people to join our growing team! Are you up for the challenge?
Life At Safe
Safe Software is full of passionate and innovative people who thrive on working together as a team to deliver state-of-the-art technology to our customers. We take our work seriously, but have fun doing it.
On your first day at Safe, you'll receive a new hire orientation with our Human Resources team, tour our facilities and visit our lounge, games room, fitness centre, bike room, and kitchen (with free beverages) - before ending at your own private office. You'll then get your choice between PC or Mac, meet your team, and help take Safe to new heights!
Join us as we build the data integration technology that tens of thousands of customers depend on.