Podcast: Awesome Stories of 3D Printing
3D printing is permeating every industry from architecture to filmmaking. @mapgirll and I highlight some of the latest commercial uses of 3D printing, including:
- Rapid prototyping — e.g. scale models
- Customized objects — e.g. shoes, prosthetics
- Mass production — e.g. car parts
- Reconstruction — e.g. paleontology, forensics
- … and a few pretty weird examples.
We discuss how the technology works and how you can 3D print something, and the important steps involved in a 3D printing workflow. Plus, hear a real example of how Oslo converted terrain and building models and printed a scale model of the city.
Links to stuff we talked about: