Get out your party hats! FME 2014 Service Pack 3 was released today. Here’s a summary of what you need to know.
For the full list of changes, including specific bug fixes, see the What’s New lists for FME Desktop and FME Server.
We’ve added TLS (SSL) support for WebSockets. This applies to the WebSocketSender and WebSocketReceiver transformers in FME Workbench, as well as the WebSocket Server, Publisher, and Subscriber in FME Server.
Details on configuring security for WSS in FME Server can be found in the FME Server documentation.
- New PointCloudMerger transformer for merging point clouds.
- Added an “Input is Ordered by Group” parameter to all transformers that support Parallel Processing. This adds the option to batch process input groups in order, based on the ‘Group By’ parameter. For large groups, this means improved overall speed.
Format writer updates
- Google Maps Engine Tables Writer gained support for datetime attributes, specifying the writer mode on a by-feature basis, and deleting tables before writing. It also has a new ‘Create Default Layer’ parameter.
- Socrata Writer now has support for Upsert, Delete, and SmartUpdate/replace.
New in FME Server
- FME REST API has added support for the RTC (Run Till Cancelled) transformation manager directive. This is typically used for real-time jobs, so the job is run continuously regardless of success, failure, crash, or server shutdown, until it’s cancelled.
- New dynamically configurable CORS (cross-origin resource sharing).
Check out this blog post for details on FME 2014 SP2. We’re projecting four service packs for FME 2014, so stay tuned for announcements on Service Pack 4. Head over to safe.com/downloads to download FME 2014 SP3 and see the What’s New lists for FME Desktop and FME Server.
Tiana WarnerTiana is a product marketing manager at Safe Software. Her background in computer programming and creative hobbies led her to be one of the main producers of creative content for Safe Software. Tiana spends her free time writing fantasy novels and riding her horse, Bailey.