Transform LiDAR Data for Effective Use in Your Spatial Systems
Point cloud datasets such as LiDAR contain a wealth of information useful in decision making - provided you can access these large files in an effective way. Fully exploit this powerful data using FME to transform it into the format, structure, and file size that allows you to use it in your preferred spatial system.
Use FME to:
- Convert point cloud data for use in practically any spatial application with support for over 300 formats - including LAS, XYZ, and ASTM E57
- Manipulate the structure of LiDAR data to fit your system’s precise data model and coordinate system requirements with a library of 400 transformation tools
- Use LiDAR in more advanced ways - integrate with disparate 2D and 3D data to make value-added mashups that give a more complete picture
- Share point cloud data for visualization with anyone by converting it to a more universally accessible format like 3D PDF
- Reduce LiDAR file sizes by extracting only the information you require with tools that allow you to clip, tile, thin, split and filter relevant points
- Evaluate and classify various components of points within a dataset including colour, intensity and elevation for more advanced point cloud analysis.
Manage LiDAR Data More Productively
Instead of spending hours coding workaround solutions use FME to quickly solve LiDAR challenges with easy-to-use tools and enhanced automation. Transformations progress in the background without manual interference, freeing your time for other projects. Additionally, FME’s high-speed performance levels - reading millions of points per second - ensure data is transformed in a matter of minutes, not hours.